Wednesday 10 April 2013

My 1st 'recycled' item :D

Hi Guys
Just a quickie blog as its dinner time.......i'm dieting and starving!
This is my first time of 'recycling' anything......I picked an old storm jar we had, dusted off the cobwebs lol.
I am a lover of candles and it will get used.....I filled the base with some black and red sand, placed a church candle in and rooted around for some silver from my treasure chest stash and an old leather choker, so I've 'up cycled' some jewellery too :D
I placed and glued some black mesh ribbon around the jar and then stamped (with black stazon) some red ribbon with the amazing Grunge Polka Dot Background from Visible Image, then glued this over the mesh.
I then stamped 3 wooden hearts with versamark and heat embossed one with Black Twinkle, one with Primary ebony & stamped with visible the images Polka dot background in Bright white and then the third with red glitz.


I used the Live Your Dreams and shrank plastic'd ( first time I've used this and thanks Cheremane for letting me try before I buy) this and added chain, added a few charms and voila!
I quite like it, its funky :D
Hope you do and I hope you have a great evening.....i'm off for my dinner....its my fave spaghetti bolognese mmmmmmm yummy
Much Love
Suze

I would like to enter this into the following challenges :-
WOW April Challenge - Altered or recycled
Unstampabelles - Anything but a card









8 comments:

  1. What a super project, and perfectly embellished with WOW! factor :)

    Thanks for joining the WOW! Embossing Powder April Challenge and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning Sue, love the charms.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Sue I really love this what a first upcyle project. I love shrink plastic and you made great use of it. Crafty hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is great- it would certainly find a home in my living room. Thanks for joining us at the WOW Embossing PowderChallenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Looks fabulous :)
    Love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant project love the shrink plastic and charms
    thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Ideas here for using Shrink plastic. Great project overall.
    Thanks for joining in our anything goes at Unstampabelles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow sue this is just gorgeous, love the charms. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (owner) xx

    ReplyDelete